CITY OF HOPE, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases, guided by a compassionate patient-centered philosophy, and supported by a national foundation of humanitarian philanthropy. The CITY OF HOPE COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER (COHCCC) is an independent biomedical research institution comprised of a National Medical Center and the Beckman Research Institute. Located in Duarte, California, 15 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, it is a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and maintains the NCCN’s Oncology Outcomes Database. The COHCCC has highly regarded cancer-related research programs in bone marrow transplantation, gene therapy, stem cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, immunotherapy, molecular biology and genetics, and quality of life and long-term survival.
COHCCC’s translational research program has had, and continues to have, a major impact on the care of patients with cancer. The Center conducts dozens of COH investigator-initiated clinical trials, many of which are supported by successful Investigational New Drug (IND) applications from the FDA. The Center’s facility for the production of new biological agents against cancer was the first academic facility in the world to support, in one dedicated building, “GMP” processing for nucleic acids and viruses, as well as genetically engineered antibodies and human cells. At any point in time, COHCCC patients have available to them dozens of clinical trials that provide state-of-the-art treatment.
Cancer of the prostate gland is a serious health risk for men. In fact, this year nearly 240,000 American men will be diagnosed with it. The good news is that prostate cancer is survivable, especially if it is detected early, before it can spread.
As a patient at City of Hope, you have a highly experienced and dedicated team to treat and help you cope with cancer.
- Our innovative treatment options and technologies can help you recover faster, with fewer side effects.
- Our doctors have performed more advanced procedures for prostate cancer than any other facility on the West Coast.
- City of Hope is a world leader in high-precision robotic-assisted prostate surgery.
- And our team of experts is the first in the western United States to offer TomoTherapy — a targeted radiation therapy that can kill cancer cells while sparing healthy tissues nearby.
- We aggressively pursue and use the newest, most innovative treatments known, including novel research therapies not available elsewhere.
From diagnosis and treatment to recovery, prostate cancer patients at City of Hope have access to all of the best tools and strategies for beating the disease.
*Source: National Cancer Institute