Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) at the University of Utah is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the five-state Intermountain West. HCI’s mission is to understand the genesis of cancer, to educate the public about cancer risk and prevention, to provide hope for those who suffer from cancer today, and to create new treatments for future cancer patients.
Medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists of the Urologic Oncology Program all specialize in urologic cancers. The program’s team approach to prevention, screening and treatment includes genetic counselors that can provide recommendations and genetic testing for individuals who may be at increased risk for these cancers as a result of family or personal medical history. Experts in pain and quality-of-life management in cancer care are also members of the program’s team.
- In-depth, personal cancer risk assessment for urologic cancers
- Screening examinations and laboratory testing
- Individualized treatment programs
- Education about strategies and lifestyle changes to reduce cancer risk
- Opportunities for patients to participate in clinical trials, support groups, and programs that enhance well-being
Contact the coordinator
Care coordinator: Kevin Walker
Make an appointment
801-587-4381 or toll free 1-866-903-5009
*Source: National Cancer Institute; Huntsman Cancer Institute University of Utah