Physicians with the Urologic Oncology Program at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) diagnose and treat all cancers of the urinary system, including the following:
Medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists of the Urologic Oncology Program all specialize in urologic cancers. The program’s team approach to prevention, screening and treatment includes genetic counselors that can provide recommendations and genetic testing for individuals who may be at increased risk for these cancers as a result of family or personal medical history. Experts in pain and quality-of-life management in cancer care are also members of the program’s team.
HCI’s Urologic Oncology Program provides the following patient services:
- In-depth, personal cancer risk assessment for urologic cancers
- Screening examinations and laboratory testing
- Individualized treatment programs
- Education about strategies and lifestyle changes to reduce cancer risk
- Opportunities for patients to participate in clinical trials, support groups, and programs that enhance well-being