The NCI Cancer Centers Program was set up to help advance scientific research into the causes and treatment of cancer. It recognizes those centers that are actively engaged in conducting research into ways to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer in their communities. The designation comes with very stringent requirements about the quality of a center’s scientific research. It is the ultimate “seal of approval,” if you will, for cancer centers nationwide.
We are one of only 64 cancer centers in the country that have achieved this distinction. So, to be recognized in this way is a tremendous honor and achievement for us. It means that UMGCC is one of the top cancer centers in the United States.
Make an appointment
Either you, a family member or referring physician may schedule an appointment by calling our Patient Referral Office at 410-328-7904, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Out-of-town callers may use our toll free number, 1-800-888-8823.
When you call, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Patient’s full name, address, phone number, date of birth and social security number
- Fax or e-mail address, if you prefer these communication options
- Diagnosis and date of diagnosis
- Source of referral: physician, friend/relative, hotline, Internet, self, other
- Name, phone number and fax number of your primary care and/or any referring physician
- Insurance company name and identification number
- Preference for a specific physician or appointment date
- Name and phone number of a contact person
Find a doctor