1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87106
- To conduct outstanding multidisciplinary cancer research in our laboratories, clinics, and communities that builds on unique institutional and regional scientific strengths and collaborative research partnerships with the Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute and New Mexico’s National Laboratories.
- To reduce cancer incidence and mortality by discovering the genetic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors which contribute to the distinct cancer patterns in the multiethnic populations of New Mexico.
- To reduce cancer health disparities in the historically underserved populations of the Southwest through collaborative community networks with the State Department of Health; New Mexico Pueblos, Tribes, and American Indian Nations; the Indian Health Service; and local communities by developing culturally appropriate cancer education, screening, and prevention programs.
- To provide outstanding cancer treatment for all New Mexicans, by improving access to quality cancer care and innovative therapies through increased referrals and formal affiliations with community cancer care providers.
- To increase access to and participation of New Mexicans in cancer clinical investigations and cancer therapeutic and prevention clinical trials, facilitated by a joint UNM-community collaborative clinical trials network (The New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance).
Our integrated approach to treatment means a multidisciplinary team of world-class urologic cancer experts collaborate to deliver seamless, high quality care and support to your patients:
- Full integration of medical, surgical and radiation oncology
- State-of-the-art screening, diagnosis and staging
- Extensive expertise in renal, prostate and bladder cancers
- Individualized comprehensive therapeutic plans using the latest modalities, including robotic surgery
- Patient Navigation and Genetic Counseling services
As a National Cancer Instiute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center, we are dedicated to ensuring all New Mexicans can benefit from breakthroughs in cancer research. Our urologic cancer program brings world-class clinicians and researchers together to collaborate on programs to improve urologic cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment.
To make an appointment:
New Patients | 505-272-2839
Established Patients | 505-272-4946